Sunday 17 April 2011

Quotes about Involvement

Here's the next section of quotes from my book 1000 Great Quotations for Business, Management & Training.


An updated version of the book is newly available as part of my Almost Free Kindle titles both in the UK and in the USA.



Tell me and I’ll forget.

Teach me and I’ll remember.

Involve me and I’ll learn.

W Edwards Deming, US statistician, author (1900-1993)



People tend to resist that which is thrust upon them. They tend to support that which they help create.

Vince Pfaff



Retention boils down to basic practices. A company that engages its people at all levels and in all ways is a company that keeps them.

Barbara Ettorre, US management consultant



Nobody’s ever insulted to be invited.

Mrs Leonard Lyons



Flow is a state of self-forgetfulness, the opposite of rumination and worry; instead of being lost in nervous preoccupation, people in flow are so absorbed in the task at hand that they lose all self-consciousness, dropping the small preoccupations – health, bills, even doing well – of daily life.

Daniel Goleman, US psychologist, author (b. 1946)



Painters must want to paint above all else. If the artist in front of the canvas begins to wonder how much he will sell it for, or what the critics will think of it, he won’t be able to pursue original avenues. Creative achievements depend on single-minded immersion.

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Hungarian/ US social scientist (b. 1934)

No comments:

Post a Comment